A pretty 9 karat pink gold circular brooch made by Australian company Willis & Co. The middle set with a flower centred with a round ruby and seed pearl petals. The reverse with the company stamp of Griffon and W.
Willis & Co
The brothers Richard and Thomas Willis arrived in Melbourne in 1858, and soon established themselves as jewellery importers and wholesalers. Over the next decade they becoming manufacturing jewellers. In 1874, the partnership was dissolved and the firm T. Willis & Co. came into being in 1875, under the control of Thomas & V. J. Willis. During the rest of the century the firm prospered, becoming importers of clocks, silver and electro-plated wares, as well as being wholesale jewellers and silversmiths, with premises in Melbourne Sydney and Perth. In 1904 the company changed it's name to Willis & Sons Pty. Ltd. selling to retailers throughout Australia. The manufacturing side of the business was closed in 1931 and the company reverted to importing.